top of page
Fitness: Common Questions
Find answers to commonly asked questions about fitness.
What is Physical Fitness?
Physical fitness is a state of health and wellbeing, It is the ability to perform certain aspects of sport and daily activities. You achieve physical fitness with a balance of exercise, a nutritious diet and enough sleep.
Fitness Facts –
· The human body has a total of 650 muscles.
· The only exercise you should hold your breath for is underwater swimming.
· The heart is the strongest muscle in the human body.
· Nearly 50% of all young people ages 12-21 are not active enough on a daily basis.
· For every pound of muscle gained, the body burns 50 extra calories every day
bottom of page