Fitness: Common Questions
Find answers to commonly asked questions about fitness.
What is Physical Fitness?
Physical fitness is a state of health and wellbeing, It is the ability to perform certain aspects of sport and daily activities. You achieve physical fitness with a balance of exercise, a nutritious diet and enough sleep.
Fitness Facts –
· The human body has a total of 650 muscles.
· The only exercise you should hold your breath for is underwater swimming.
· The heart is the strongest muscle in the human body.
· Nearly 50% of all young people ages 12-21 are not active enough on a daily basis.
· For every pound of muscle gained, the body burns 50 extra calories every day
Frequently asked questions
What is the actual definition of physical fitness?
Physical fitness is a person’s ability to carry out tasks without major fatigue.
Why is physical fitness important?
Regular moderate exercise is important for strong muscles and bones. It also improves respiratory, cardiovascular health, and your general overall health. Being active can also help in the maintaining of a healthy weight, reduce your risk for type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and reduce your risk for some cancers.