IBS Common Causes And When To See A Doctor
Find answers to commonly asked questions about IBS.
What is IBS?
Irritable bowel syndrome, which is a disorder that affects the large intestine.
IBS Facts –
IBS is a complaint that you can develop at any age but your first symptoms usually appear between the ages of 20 and 30.
There can be various reasons for the development of IBS and determining the exact cause is essential to obtain proper treatment.
The exact cause of IBS is not known
Stress does not cause IBS
IBS can range in severity
Most people under with IBS are under the age of 50
Frequently asked questions
What are the first signs of IBS?
- Pain and Cramping
- Constipation and diarrhea alternating
- A change in your bowel movements
- Gas and bloating
- Food intolerance
- Difficulty sleeping and fatigue
Which foods trigger IBS?
- Processed foods
- Coffee, carbonated drinks and alcohol
- High protein diets
- Dairy products, in particular cheese
- Breads and cereals that are made with refined grains